The Accounts Assistant is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day transactions in the finance department. This role requires strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. This is crucial to allow financial reporting deadlines to be met and for senior management to rely on for decision making.
- Study support available
- Part time 25+ hours would be considered
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Sales ledger transactional postings, including raising invoices, credit notes and dealing with customer queries.
- Responsible for the Purchase ledger transactional postings, including invoice processing, dealing with supplier queries and processing payment runs.
- Full responsibility for posting and reconciling the bank accounts and credit cards.
- Assist Management Accountant with the production of the monthly management accounts including accruals, prepayments and fixed assets.
- Support Management Accountant with process improvement projects and initiatives. For example, automating the sales invoice processing and introduction of a PO system.
- Assist Management Accountant with statutory reporting requirements including VAT returns and Year end accounts.
- Support credit controller chasing customer payments, if required.
- Assist Management Accountant with adhoc tasks.
- Able to complete work according to SLA’s and monthly payroll deadlines.
- Ensuring all queries are dealt with in a timely manner to avoid any disputes or disruption to operations.
- Accurate record keeping
- Efficiency whilst remaining attentive to detail is key