The Product team sits at the core of AccessPay. In the role of Product Owner you will be a key interface between the Product and engineering teams. You will collaborate closely with the Product Managers and seamlessly translate requirements into the engineering teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced and progressive fintech.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In the role of Product Owner, you will support and drive the achievement of our goals via:
- Owning the interface between Engineering and Product.
- Maximising the value of our product investments by championing the customer’s voice and desired outcomes with Engineering teams.
- Focusing on the Design and Define phase of the Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC) in order to drive precise, nuanced, and clearly defined solutions.
- Translating well ideated and validated solutions and customer needs into actionable user stories, outcomes and epic definitions for consumption by technical teams
- Participating and driving outcomes via refinement and story point prioritisation during Build and Deploy.
In your role of Product Owner, you will be expected to engage in the following sorts of activities:
- Analyse market and customer needs to develop and actualise future product iterations.
- Triage, manage and respond to a global funnel of product change requests.
- Support the processing of all product change requests via the appropriate processes and analysis.
- Ensure that the should we/could we/will we/when will we/ discussions are made transparent, robust and aligned to product and company strategy.
- Own the production of all Design and Define and significantly contribute to Ideation and Validation deliverables.
- Participate in quarterly planning processes and ceremonies to support data-driven decision making and a logical approach to the PDLC, leading to realistic sizing, planning and scheduling.
- Articulate the requirements and selection criteria for third-party suppliers to our products, focusing on solution and operational readiness and control.
We are open to candidates from a wide range of backgrounds. Please connect your experience and skills to the role description and example responsibilities articulated above. We are looking for the following areas of expertise:
- A skilled communicator and relationship builder you will excel in building a network of relationships across the business.
- You will have an analytical mind and excel in being able to prioritise several development requirements within the context of the overall roadmap and product and technical strategies.
- You will be a proactive problem solver dedicated to outcomes over tasks.
- The ability to write clear briefs, functional documentation and communicate with development teams.
- Excellent knowledge of Epics, Features and User Story development.
- Knowledge of the Agile SCRUM/Sprint processes
- Experience in a high growth SAAS business
- Experience in the payments industry